Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beach Vacation


We had a wonderful visit to Fripp Island, SC last weekend. The beach is lovely with soft sand and waves that weren't too big. It wasn't too hot either, which was a blessing. Lots of time spent relaxing, walking along the beach and playing in the water with the kids.

Just one shot from the photo session(by mom) on the beach.

At the Cabana Club pool. It was fabulous with the island in the middle and waterfalls. It also sits on the edge of the marsh looking over the ocean. We all enjoyed that pool.


Sandcastle competition. Yeah, we only had a bucket each.


The native "wildlife". These small deer are very comfortable around people and have fairly free reign all over the island. They just have to watch out for the real wildlife...alligators.



The view from our balcony. I love watching the tide coming in and going back out.
A really great trip and we do want to return again. It's nice to find somewhere we like visiting enough to return again. I really just wish I wasn't so sensitive to the sun. I have to use 70+ and reapply regularly and still I get plenty of sun. I haven't been this tan in decades.
Now, back in the real world, my desk is piled high with paperwork from the kids' schools and I'm wading through the laundry while I attempt to finish cleaning the house and get Craig's "middleschooler" room finished. I guess I need a new project to do list!




No comments: