Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Calendar/Bulletin/Photo Frames

Here are the new and improved frames from before. The photo one has scrapbook paper backing, which allows the pictures to stick better. I just wrote the scripture with dry erase marker on the outside of the glass. I know it's not straight, but I'm too lazy to fix it.
This is the bulletin board. I took out the glass(well, in truthfulness, that glass broke when I was attempting to put together the calendar the first time. But I was planning on the bulletin board anyway) and used spray adhesive to apply cork roll to the back of the frame. Then spray adhesive to adhere the fabric to the cork.
The calendar is just floating between the glass and the fabric. I wrote the days of the week on the stencil blank that I used to make the grid on (artist's tape). I just fill in and around with dry erase marker. Now the calendar is easier to read and I have made a new valance and door curtain to match these fabrics. Some throw pillows for the den are next.

I have made progress on some of my sewing to do and knitting/crocheting. Will be back with more of that later. School is going well and we are well into scouts and Wed. night church begins again tomorrow. Busy, busy.