Monday, August 23, 2010

Vacations


Summer is wrapping up. Just 2 days until school starts. We've just returned from Megan's open house at school. Her teacher seems nice and there are familiar faces in her class. It was fun to look for her name written in cursive on the desk for the first time. I'm optimistic this will be a good year for her, even if there's a bit more work involved. I'm hoping and praying that it will be a good year for Craig. We've already had to have changes made to his schedule, and things are still not great. There have been conversations between the school and us that have left us feeling this isn't the best system for our child. Naturally, that leads us to conversations about finding a better situation. Change is always hard, especially no knowing if it will be good in the long run, or not.

Vacations were fun though. We went to Fripp Island, SC again this summer. A week at a lovely beach that is quiet and uncrowded does wonders for my soul. And this year we went with one of my brother-in-laws and his family. The kids had such fun together, especially the 3 closest in age. Nice to have kids not whining about not having someone to play with!

Fun in Maine in August. We stayed on Mt. Desert Isle and spent lots of time hiking, biking, and kayaking in Acadia National Park and around the island. It is such a beautiful, unspoiled natural playground. Yes, I'm wearing a sweater in August. Just fantastic and such a treat compared to our relentless heat and humidity. It's so hard to go on vacation somewhere you love so much, knowing you have to leave.

I have not managed to do much crafting this summer, but did finish Megan's dress. I'll share pics after day 1 of school. I'm also helping my sis-in-law to make/alter the bedding for their nursery. One bedskirt done, 2 valances to alter, and 1 quilt to put together before my newest nephew arrives--in September! We've also been rearranging things around the house, giving Megan a twin bed and moving her double to the bonus room. A bit more to do to get the bonus room shipshape again, but we are making the house work for us better.

I do hope to post more often, primarily for myself, just to keep reminding myself that I do accomplish some things, every now and then.




No comments: