Thursday, June 19, 2008

Loads of Fabric

My second post in a month...I'm on a roll! The fabrics above are my latest purchases. I usually don't buy this much at one time, but my favorite store is closing. So, I'm buying on sale and stocking up. I'm not too sure of what I'll be making with all of them, but the light lime on on the right became binding for a quilt I made for a friend's daughter. My first quilt in fact. It is not fancy and is just a quilt because I used leftover fabrics from making curtains for the nursery.


The quilting is not so great....as I said my first attempt at quilting. Have to say, I'm not a fan of handstitching the binding down. ugh. I do want to make a top from the top left fabric for myself and one for my daughter. But really, she doesn't need anything else to wear. At least until cold weather sets in. I also think I will have to make myself a fall purse. I will post more pics of what I make with the fabrics and some of what I have made in the past in the future, and will try to do one for tomorrow with the quilt recipient's sister's gift... Til then!

Misty

No comments: